We take privacy very seriously. Our organization follows all applicable Botswana laws and where necessary we may have additional processes in place to protect your data.
Who we are?
Afritec (Pty) Ltd. is a provider of financial services.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal and financial data when a user applies for a loan. This data will be used for purposes of processing and reviewing your financial application.
We do not share data with any 3rd parties unless required by law or for credit vetting purposes.
How do we use personal information?
Your data may be used for the following purposes.
- personalisation of content, business information or user experience
- account set up and administration
- delivering marketing and events communication
- providing a loan
- legal obligations (eg prevention of fraud)
- meeting internal audit requirements
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
- contract – Your information may be used to start an application process.
- legitimate interests – You may be interested in applying for a loan with Afritec.
- legal obligation - – Your information may be used to comply with KYC, Covid-19 and other relevant legislation as prescribed by Botswana Law.
When do we share personal data?
We treat personal data as confidential.
Data will only be shared with a 3rd party as part of the credit vetting process and only as much as absolutely required in order to process your application.
Data may be shared with BOTUSAFE, Transunion ITC or Compuscan if needed to process an application.
How do we secure personal data?
We use a variety of industry-standard techniques to secure your data.
All data access is limited based on a “need to use” principle.
How to contact us?
Afritec Head Office - 3670702
If applicable, you may also include information on:
This site may make use of tracking cookies and other technologies to correctly identify your location/time zone.
Linking to other websites / third-party content
This site may provide links to external websites. This does not mean we endorse or take responsibility for any content provided by the linked site.